- Department Introduction
- Pain Management and Research Center
- Our Speciality
For acute pains (including pain caused by traumatic fractures and postoperative pain), various chronic pains, and cancer-related pains, besides drug therapies, therapies of various specialties are timely applied, such as self-controlled pain-relief pumps, rehabilitation, low-energy lasers, intramuscular electric stimulation therapy, acupuncture, auricular acupuncture, nerve stimulation, nerve block, trigger point injection, hyperplasia therapy, ultrasound guided injection, radiofrequency coagulation therapy, spinal cord stimulator implantation, intramedullary infusion pump implantation , and minimally invasive surgery, in an effort to enhance the efficacy of various acute and chronic pains.
Major items to attend to
Head and neck pain
Such as migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, tension headaches, cluster headaches, glossopharyngeal neuralgia, atypical facial neuralgia, occipital neuralgia, herpes zoster (shingles), temporomandibular joint disease, and cervical lesions.
Lumbago, backache, and torso pain
Such as sciatica, intervertebral disc lesions, spurs, herpes zoster (shingles), chronic pain after spinal surgery, intercostal neuralgia, post-mastectomy pain, and myofascial pain.
Abdominal and pelvic pain
Such as cancer pain, pancreatitis (cancer), chronic abdominal pain, and chronic lower abdomen (pelvis) pain.
Extremities and joint pain
Such as degenerative arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain caused by diabetic neuropathy, pain caused by poor blood circulation, complex regional pain syndrome, amputation-related pain (phantom limb pain and stump pain).
Such as idiopathic facial spasm and peripheral facial nerve paralysis.
Pain center interventional pain management
- Head and neck: trigeminal nerve block, occipital nerve block, occipital nerve block, glossopharyngeal nerve block, and stellate ganglion block.
- Waist, back, and trunk: facet joint block, iliac joint block, epidural block, epidural adhesion and dissociation, intervertebral disc injection and molding, and intercostal nerve block.
- Abdominal and pelvic cavities: abdominal nerve plexus blockage, visceral nerve block, hypogastric plexus block, and anterior caudal vertebra ganglion block.
- Extremities and joints: peripheral nerve block, sympathetic nerve block, and stellate ganglion block.
- Implantable devices: long-term spinal drug delivery implantation, spinal stimulator implantation, and peripheral nerve stimulator implantation.