- Department Introduction
- Occupational Medicine
- Our Speciality
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Act and the Act for Protecting Worker of Occupational Accidents, to protect labors' rights and interests in occupational disasters, they may perform the identification of occupational diseases in an occupational disease clinics and apply for occupational injury payment to the Labor Insurance Bureau in case they may suffer occupational injuries or diseases. In CMUH, the out-patient clinic of Department of Occupational Medicine provides the identification of occupational disease, evaluation of work resumption, counseling of overwork and maternal health, counseling of occupational injury and disease payment of labor insurance consulting, and other related services.
- Occupational injury
The injury hurts a labor in work. For example, a labor is working in a factory and her/his figure is damaged by a machine. It shall be an occupational injury.
- Occupational disease
The disease is caused by a labor exposing in the environment with chemical, physical, biological, human-factor or other hazards for a long time. For example, a labor exposing in the environment with the strong noise and suffer the hearing loss eventually. It may be an occupational disease.
- Human-factors occupational diseases: tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, disc herniation, etc.
- Biological occupational diseases: viral hepatitis, tuberculosis, etc.
- Chemical occupational diseases: organic solvents, specific chemical substances, heavy metal poisoning, pneumoconiosis, contact dermatitis, etc.
- Physical occupational diseases: hearing disorders, cataracts or keratitis caused by non-ionizing radiation, decompression sickness caused by abnormal pressure, diseases caused by abnormal temperature (such as high temperature and low temperature work), etc.
- Other occupational diseases: acute circulatory system diseases (overwork), post-traumatic stress syndrome, occupational cancer, etc.
- Labor Insurance record (applied to Labor Insurance Bureau) or Labor Insurance Card
- Diagnosis and treatment and examination information in other hospitals
- Workspace photos
- Self-introduction: Please record the history of the work in detail, including the number of working years, daily work hours, work flow, job content, load transportation or repeated actions (specified time, frequency, weight and frequency), time of injury or disease and medical treatment.