The CMUH not only has the largest community medical group in Taiwan and extensive and in-depth community constructions, but also applies information technologies to support remote medical and health care for patients. The dense community network and community team with high-quality promotion experiences have established the solid foundation for future community services, teaching and researches. In the future, the Preventive Medicine Center will constantly strengthen various facilities and provide better medical and health cares.
- The Department of Community and Family Medical is responsible for the community health promotion and health construction activities. It also sets up the Community Construction Promotion Committee to integrate community resources, to organize the community volunteer teams and to develop the community construction.
- Establish the community medical group center to cooperate with 200 clinics in central Taiwan and to monitor the health status of 150,000 community residents. It is the largest community medical group in Taiwan.
- The community medical group supports 24-hour community health care mechanism and allocates dedicated personnel for services in the Hospital.
- 2014: Undertake the Fongyuan Social Housing Health Care Station Establishment Project. The CMUH is the first medical institute undertaking a social housing project in Taichung. It plans and establishes the comprehensive health care stations to link the community resources, to provide medical advises, preventive health, screening of 4 cancers, health lectures and health promotions, and to promote the aging health care in communities.
- Integrating the APP on smart phones developed by CMUH and the health care website of CMUH and Asia University to provide real-time community construction activities and health education information for people. The system won the Medical Quality Award — Smart Medicine of Joint Commission of Taiwan in 2015, and the Symbol of National Quality (SNQ) of Institute for Biotechnology and Medicine Industry (IBMI) in 2016.
- 2013~2016: Won the 1st grade of many awards in the Hospital Health Promoting Competitions conducted by Public Health Bureau, Taichung City Government every year.
- 2015: Won the Excellent Award and the Friendly Environment Award of the Age-friendly Health Care of Health Promotion Administration.
- 2016: Won the Excellent Award of the Health Promoting Hospitals Outstanding and Creative Program – Aging Heath of Health Promotion Administration.